Solution Manual (Downloadable files) for Environmental Science and Sustainability by Daniel Sherman, David R Montgomery ISBN: 9780393428674
Make environmental science and sustainability personal
Environmental Science and Sustainability helps students discover their role in the environment and the impact of their choices. Authors David Montgomery and Daniel Sherman bring scientific and environmental policy expertise to a modern treatment of environmental science; in addition to teaching climate change, sustainability, and resilience, they reveal how our personal decisions affect our planet and our lives.
Table of Content
1. Environmental Science and Sustainability: What’s the Big Idea?
2. Ethics, Economics, and Policy: Who or What Do We Value?
3. Matter and Energy: What Are the Building Blocks of Sustainability?
4. Life: What Shapes Biodiversity?
5. Conservation: Why Is It Important to Protect Biodiversity?
6. Human Population: Can We Have Too Many People?
7. Water: How Do We Use It and Affect Its Quality?
8. Air: What Are We Breathing?
9. Land: How Does It Shape Us?
10. Systems and Cycles: Are We Changing Earth’s Life Support System?
11. Climate: How Does Global Climate Change?
12. Food: How Do We Feed Ourselves?
13. Energy: How Do We Power Our Pursuits?
14. Energy Alternatives: How Are Our Energy Decisions Changing?
15. Waste: What Happens to All the Stuff We Use?
16. Urbanization: Why Are Cities Growing?
17. Environmental Health Justice: How Does Our Environment Affect Our Health?
18. Decision Making: Why Do Our Choices Matter?
19. Groups and Organizations: How Do We Work Together for Sustainability?
20. Government: How Can Policy Influence Sustainability?