Solution Manual for Personal Nutrition, 9th Edition, Marie A. Boyle, ISBN-10: 1305110420, ISBN-13: 9781305110427
Table of Contents
1. The Basics of Understanding Nutrition. [There is no Test Bank for ch1] Spotlight: How Do You Tell If It’s Nutrition Fact or Nutrition Fiction?
2. The Pursuit of a Healthy Diet.
Spotlight: A Tapestry of Cultures and Cuisines.
3. Anatomy for Nutrition’s Sake.
Spotlight: Gut Feelings—Common Digestive Problems.
4. The Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber.
Spotlight: Sweet Talk—Alternatives to Sugar.
5. The Lipids: Fats and Oils.
Spotlight: Diet and Heart Disease.
6. The Proteins and Amino Acids.
Spotlight: Vegetarian Eating Patterns.
7. The Vitamins: A Functional Approach.
Spotlight: Nutrition and Cancer Prevention.
8. The Minerals and Water: A Functional Approach.
Spotlight: Osteoporosis—The Silent Stalker of the Bones.
9. Impact of Fluids and Beverages on Nutritional Health.
Spotlight: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
10. Weight Management.
Spotlight: The Eating Disorders.
11. Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Fitness.
Spotlight: Athletes and Supplements—Help or Hype?
12. The Life Cycle: Conception through the Later Years.
Spotlight: Addressing Weight Problems in Children and Adolescents.
13. Food Safety and the Global Food Supply.
Spotlight: Global Food Insecurity.
Appendix A: Aids to Calculations and Food Exchange Lists for Diabetes.
Appendix B: Canadian Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines.
Appendix C: Chapter Notes.
Appendix D: Answers to Study Card Questions.
Appendix E: Table of Food Composition.