Solution Manual(Downloadable files)
For Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, 5th Edition By Nivaldo J. Tro, ISBN-13: 9780134989785
For courses in chemistry.
This package includes Mastering Chemistry.
Actively engage students to become expert problem solvers and critical thinkers
Nivaldo Tro’s Chemistry: A Molecular Approach presents chemistry visually through multi-level images—macroscopic, molecular, and symbolic representations—to help students see the connections between the world they see around them, the atoms and molecules that compose the world, and the formulas they write down on paper. Interactive, digital versions of selected worked examples instruct students how to break down problems using Tro’s unique “Sort, Strategize, Solve, and Check” technique and then complete a step in the example. To build conceptual understanding , Dr. Tro employs an active learning approach through interactive media that requires students to pause during videos to ensure they understand before continuing.
The 5th Edition pairs digital, pedagogical innovation with insights from learning design and educational research to create an active, integrated, and easy-to-use framework. The new edition introduces a fully integrated book and media package that streamlines course set up, actively engages students in becoming expert problem solvers, and makes it possible for professors to teach the general chemistry course easily and effectively.
Reach every student through Mastering Chemistry
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. The fully integrated and complete media package allows instructors to engage students before they come to class, hold them accountable for learning during class, and then confirm that learning after class. Learn more about Mastering Chemistry.
Table of Contents
1. Matter, Measurement, and Problem Solving
2. Atoms and Elements
3. Molecules and Compounds
4. Chemical Reactions and Chemical Quantities
5. Introduction to Solutions and Aqueous Reactions
8. The Quantum-Mechanical Model of the Atom
9. Periodic Properties of the Elements
10. Chemical Bonding I: The Lewis Model
11. Chemical Bonding II: Molecular Shapes, Valence Bond Theory, and Molecular Orbital Theory
12. Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces
13. Solids and Modern Materials
15. Chemical Kinetics
16. Chemical Equilibrium
17. Acids and Bases
18. Aqueous Ionic Equilibrium
19. Free Energy and Thermodynamics
21. Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
22. Organic Chemistry
24. Chemistry of the Nonmetals
25. Metals and Metallurgy
26. Transition Metals and Coordination Compounds
Appendix I Common Mathematical Operations in Chemistry Appendix II Useful Data
Appendix III Answers to Selected Exercises
Appendix IV Answers to In-Chapter Practice Problems