Test Bank for Personal Nutrition, 10th Edition, Marie A. Boyle, ISBN-10: 1337557951, ISBN-13: 9781337557955
Table of Contents
1. The Basics of Understanding Nutrition.
Spotlight: How Do You Tell If It’s Nutrition Fact or Nutrition Fiction?
2. The Pursuit of a Healthy Diet.
Spotlight: A Tapestry of Cultures and Cuisines.
3. Anatomy for Nutrition’s Sake.
Spotlight: Gut Feelings–Common Digestive Problems.
4. The Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber.
Spotlight: Sweet Talk–Alternatives to Sugar.
5. The Lipids: Fats and Oils.
Spotlight: Diet and Heart Disease.
6. The Proteins and Amino Acids.
Spotlight: Vegetarian Eating Patterns.
7. The Vitamins: A Functional Approach.
Spotlight: Nutrition and Cancer Prevention.
8. The Minerals and Water: A Functional Approach.
Spotlight: Osteoporosis–The Silent Stalker of the Bones.
9. Impact of Fluids and Beverages on Nutritional Health.
Spotlight: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
10. Weight Management.
Spotlight: The Eating Disorders.
11. Nutrition for Fueling Fitness and Sport.
Spotlight: Nutrition Supplements and Sport Performance–Help or Hype?
12. The Life Cycle: Conception through the Later Years.
Spotlight: Addressing Weight Problems in Children and Adolescents.
13. Food Safety and the Global Food Supply.
Spotlight: Global Food Insecurity.
Appendix A: Aids to Calculations and Food Exchange Lists for Diabetes and Weight Management and the USDA Healthy Food Patterns.
Appendix B: Canadian Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines.