Test Bank (Downloadable files) For The Science of Nutrition, 5th Edition By Janice J. Thompson, Melinda Manore, Linda Vaughan, ISBN-13:9780135383209
For introductory Nutrition courses for Majors.
This package includes Mastering Nutrition.
Move students beyond memorization with a functional approach to nutrition
The Science of Nutrition helps students master tough nutrition concepts while providing rich support to save instructors time. This best-selling, thoroughly current, research-based nutrition text is uniquely organized around the highly regarded functional approach, which organizes vitamins and minerals based on their functions within the body and is easily seen in the organization of the micronutrient (vitamin and mineral) chapters.
The 5th Edition includes the most up-to-date scientific research in the field of nutrition, an increased emphasis on nutrition and disease content, and new icons in the margins directing students to Oregon State University’s FoodHero.org. The text covers key concepts in nutrition with new and updated Focus Figures; updated Nutri-Case case studies; and Nutrition Concept Videos, which feature author Janice Thompson explaining difficult course concepts. Additionally, instructors can assign updated NutriTool activities and autogradable MyDietAnalysis Personalized Dietary Analysis activities in Mastering Nutrition.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Nutrition
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. Mastering Nutrition includes single-sign-on access to MyDietAnalysis software to give students the tools to track their diet and activity and run reports on various macro- and micro-nutrients consumption. Learn more about Mastering Nutrition.
Plus, give students anytime, anywhere access with Pearson eText
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering Nutrition. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place — even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class.
Table of Contents
1. The Science of Nutrition: Linking Food, Function, and Health
2. Designing a Healthful Diet
3. The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat?
4. Carbohydrates: Plant-Derived Energy Nutrients
4.5. In Depth: Alcohol
5. Lipids: Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrients
6. Proteins: Crucial Components of All Body Tissues
7. Metabolism: From Food to Life
7.5. In Depth: Vitamins and Minerals: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
8. Nutrients Involved in Energy Metabolism
9. Nutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
10. Nutrients Involved in Antioxidant Function and Vision
10.5 In Depth: The Safety and Effectiveness of Dietary Supplements
11. Nutrients Involved in Bone Health
12. Nutrients Involved in Blood Health and Immunity
13. Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight
14. Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health
14.5 In Depth: Disorders Related to Body Image, Eating, and Exercise
15. Food Safety and Technology: Protecting Our Food
16. Food Equity, Sustainability, and Quality: The Challenge of “Good” Food
17. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Pregnancy and the First Year of Life
18. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Childhood and Adolescence
19. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: The Later Years