Test Bank (Downloadable files) For Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing, 3rd Edition By Kathleen Perrin,Carrie MacLeod,ISBN-13:9780134146478
This title is appropriate for all associate and baccalaureate-level courses in critical care and advanced adult or medical surgical nursing, as well as for hospital orientation programs for beginning critical care nurses.
An introduction to critical care that helps nurses deliver safe, effective care that optimizes patients’ outcomes
Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing provides novice critical care nurses with a firm foundation so that they are able to understand the complexities of care; deliver safe, effective care; and begin their transition to expert nurses. It identifies concepts and techniques that are unique to critical care nursing and focuses on the essentials of providing care to patients with disorders that are commonly seen in critical care settings. Evidence-based practices, safety initiatives, commonly used medications, and leading technologies for providing better care are highlighted throughout the book.
The 3rd edition includes current recommendations for practice as well as new NCLEX®-style questions and analytical Why/Why Not features that spark critical thinking and test readers’ understanding. By concentrating on the problems that the new critical care nurse is most likely to encounter, the text establishes the groundwork students need to become increasingly effective nurses capable of offering advanced care.
This package includes MyLab™ Nursing. Also available via Pearson eText or as a standalone text.
MyLab is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Nursing helps students master key concepts, prepare for success on the NCLEX-RN® exam, and develop clinical reasoning skills.
Table of Contents
1. What is Critical Care?
2. Care of the Critical Ill Patient
3. Care of the Patient with Respiratory Failure
4. Interpretation and Management of Basic Dysrhythmias
5. Cardiodynamics and Hemodynamic Regulation
6. Care of the Patient Experiencing Shock
7. Care of the Patient Experiencing Heart Failure
8. Care of the Patient Experiencing Acute Coronary Syndrome
9. Care of the Patient Following Traumatic Injury
10. Care of the Patient Experiencing an Intracranial Dysfunction
11. Care of the Patient With a Cerebral or Cerbrovascular Disorder
12. Care of the Critically Ill Patient Experiencing Alcohol Withdrawal and/or Liver Failure
13. Care of the Patient With an Acute Gastrointestinal Bleed or Pancreatitis
14. Care of the Patient with Problems in Glucose Metabolism
15. Care of the Patient with Acute Kidney Injury
16. Care of the Organ Donor and Transplant Recipient
17. Care of the Acutely Ill Burn Patient
18. Care of the Patient with Sepsis
19. Care of the ICU Patient at the End of Life